- Aug 19, 2017 -
Definition and function principle of PVC heat stabilizer
Broadly speaking, any additives that can improve the thermal stability of polymers are called heat stabilizers. Because of the poor thermal stability of PVC, most of the PVC stabilizers in the world are used for pvc. So PVC stabilizers usually refer to heat stabilizers of polyvinyl chloride and its copolymers.
Generally classified according to the chemical composition of heat stabilizers, they are basic lead salts, metallic soaps, organic tin, epoxy compounds, phosphite, polyols, etc.. If the size of the action, the PVC stabilizer can be divided into the main stabilizer and the auxiliary stabilizer. The auxiliary stabilizer itself has only a small stabilizing effect or no heat stabilizing effect, but it has synergistic effect with the main stabilizer, and the main stabilizer is usually a heat stabilizer containing metal. The pure organic compounds such as epoxy compounds, phosphite esters, polyols and so on are generally used as auxiliary stabilizers.
Because of the need to achieve good stability of PVC often need to use a variety of PVC heat stabilizer, so some of the items PVC stabilizer is composed of a variety of composition, become compound stabilizer, such as barium cadmium stabilizer, barium zinc stabilizer, the composite stabilizer is usually added to PVC processing lubricant additives, for the convenience of users. There are many kinds of compound stabilizers, which have three forms: powder, paste and liquid.
(1) absorption of hydrogen chloride
Me (OOCR) 2+ 2HCl===MeCl2+ 2HOOCR
Among them, Me is: Pb, Ba, Cd, Ca, Zn, Sn, Sb, Mg, Sr and so on.
(2) removing unstable chlorine atoms, replacing or removing unstable chlorine atoms.
(3) to prevent the automatic oxidation of polyvinyl chloride, under the action of hot oxygen and shear force, can easily be oxidized and degraded by O2.
(4) the metal salts added to maleic acid can inhibit or eliminate double bonds or make them shorter and less.
LINAN HUALI PLASTIC CO., LTD
Add: SANKOU INDUSTRIAL PARK, LING'AN DISTRICT, HANG ZHOU CITY, ZHEJIANG PROVINCE, CHINA
Contact us: Ben Zou
Contact us: Kathy Zhang
- What role does PE wax play in PVC?
- Introduction of Polyethylene Wax
- What is lead stearate?
- What are the uses of titanium dioxide
- Synthetic method of Lead Stearate
- Production method of polyethylene wax
- How to distinguish the true and fal...
- Basic composition of titanium dioxi...
- Application of PVC processing auxil...
- Important index granularity of tita...
- Causes and solutions of PVC instabi...
- Development trend of PVC heat stabi...
- Basic information of composite stab...
- Formula of calcium zinc composite s...
- A brief introduction to the stabili...
Related Industry Knowledge